The EDGE Career Program is funded by Manitoba Education and Training, Community Partnerships. The EDGE Career Program is a full-time career program, serving the St. Vital community for over 25 years. EDGE Career helps low-income, income-assisted adults and New Canadians find long-term meaningful employment annually.
The one-year, full-time program operates Monday-Thursday from 9 a.m. – 4 p.m. offering life skills, employability skills and computer training. The program also works to help qualified candidates access short-term vocational training or work experience leading to long-term, sustainable employment.
Program Components include:
• Cultural adaptation
• Life Skills/Personal Development
• Employability Skills
• Resume writing, information interviews, interview preparation
• Vocational Training/Work Experience
• Placement, self-marketing and follow-up
• Low-income residents of Winnipeg (preference is given to Employment and Income Assistance Recipients)
• New Canadians (Permanent Residents and Refugees)
EDGE Career Program
533 St. Anne’s Road
Wpg, MB R2M 3E8