The ESL program is a part-time LINC – Language Instruction for Newcomers to Canada program, funded by IRCC – Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada. It is located at Rene Deleurme Centre in St. Vital. The program provides English classes to newcomer adults. It is designed to help adults improve their English in the skill areas of Listening, Speaking, Reading and Writing.
• ESL classes follow the Canadian Language Benchmark and PBLA Guidelines and Requirements
• Newcomers learn the language needed for successful settlement in Canada
• Ideal for newcomers adults with preschool-age children and for those who are working part-time or shift work and cannot attend full-time English classes
• Care for Newcomer Children for children between the ages of 19 months and 5 years
• The program follows the school calendar and runs from mid-September to mid-June with a three week break in December and one week in the spring
Morning classes: 9:00am-11:00am, Monday to Friday.
Afternoon Classes:12:30- 3:00pm,Monday to Friday.
•Benchmark L-CLB 2
•Benchmark CLB 2-3
Evening Classes are not available this time
• Newcomers to Canada
• Permanent Residents and Refugees
• Reside in the St. Vital and St Boniface areas
• Available for part-time day classes
How to register: Please contact Winnipeg English Language Assessment and Referral Centre (WELARC) at 204-943-5387 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Rene Deleurme Centre
511 St. Anne’s Road
Winnipeg, MB, R2M 3E5
Toula Papagiannopoulos: email@example.com